In business, first impressions matter the most! Create a space in such a way that the moment your customer or guest walk into your place “Wow” becomes the first word spoken out of their mouths. A masterfully designed commercial space is something that no marketer or business should ignore.
Sitting at a desk all day long can get tiring. However, if you set up your space just right, it doesn’t have to be. At present office, spaces have become more entertaining as ever. Gone are the days when people use to work in those old-fashioned stiffed cubicles; today’s offices are embracing standing desks, communal work, and gathering spaces, featuring high-end services like cool cafeteria or in-office gyms and gaming zones.
Choosing a commercial interior design can be insanely tricky but if done correctly, it won’t just allow you to take better advantage of the space available but also boost well in terms of creativity and productivity. And benefits aren’t just limited to you or the employees, an attractive looking space can be an instrument to attract more talent as well as customers to your company.
It’s way beyond the physical layout of your building
Many of you often have this misconception that commercial interior design is a mere physical layout of a building. Probably not! It’s the absolute way you choose to set up your furniture, employee and communal spaces and more.
Apart from the attractiveness of the space, a designer must even consider functionality at its core. Overall, the concept of Commercial interior design is equally about form, functionality, and appearance.
Before you design a stunning office space
- Identify what does and doesn’t work in your current space
- The working of your organization as well as you
- Look around for the best furnishing equipments
Further below I would like to mention a few crucial elements that will work wonders for both small and big commercial designs:
- Clever conversions and versatility– One of the best ways to ensure easy convertibility of the interior space is to keep them versatile. This particularly applies to purely commercial establishments like retail stores and offices. Consider commercial spaces created at the airport. It becomes easy to customize and move the shops easily without much fuss especially if the cubicles are planned in such manner. Similarly, try enabling easy conversions and frequent adaptions in your office spaces as well.
- Technology Implementation has to be taken into account– No matter what business you’re in, you always need to keep yourself updated– particularly in technology, where it changes so rapidly. While planning interiors do not forget to consider telecommunication systems including telephones, computer networking, television and overhead media.In addition to this, planning for digital control, centralized or de-centralized, is a common requirement. So, all you need to do is address the comfort and effectiveness of the guests and workforce in their own sphere of activity.
- Provide Personalized Spaces– If you offer customer-based services like hotels and restaurants, making guests feel at home is the best strategy to consider. Try giving them the choice to get an environment and service as per their preferences. Creating spaces with provision to satisfy personal interests and preferences is immensely beneficial for the business.
- Always ensure safety– Being one of the paramount features in any building construction, safety has to be essentially fused into the commercial interior design. Always keep this in mind, no safety regulation can be sacrificed for design purposes. Not just a statutory requirement, it is also the moral obligation of the interior designer as well as the client.
Any space speaks a lot about the personality of the owner as well as those who work within it. So start creating a good commercial design that turns out to be one of a kind.