The grey skies and wet mornings of winter have arrived! It’s time to switch the feel of your home to get the warmer and cozier look. There will be less sunlight, more grey sky, fewer leaves on trees & even lesser flowers, basically, winter tends to take away a lot of colors from nature. And that’s the reason why many interior designers find winters one of the best seasons when it comes to change the décor. As they get full freedom to add warmth and colors to your existing space.
I personally find attracted to the change from one season to another, after all, it gives us a golden opportunity to start afresh; bring some major change. In fact, you can echo the beautiful nuances of the wondrous cycle of seasons outside, through elements inside. A seasonal touch can make your space look fresh, trendy, new and inviting. Speedframe is a leading name that offers stylish, contemporary, chic and customizable furniture fit-outs in Australia. Without much delay, I would like to mention a few must-haves to cheer up your winter living room.
How to Create a Winter Wonderland?
- Hot Hues– Hotness is a must! Try using double drapery curtains to welcome the sunlight and trap the heat. Other than this, you can also add a hot hue within a neutral setting. By doing this, you can easily inject warmth and energy into a space. Whether you decide on hot pink, zesty lime or something even brighter, these colors have full potential to sprinkle throughout your home space. In addition to this, do not use more than three tones in one room though or else the look can lose its impact.I am sure that your space will have windows that can get plenty of natural light for you. So grab the opportunity and create a cozy seating right there. Arrange chairs, stools, mattresses or cushions in such a way that they seem right next to corner window.
- Make the most of reflective pieces– Do you know what is one of the best ways to lift the mood in a room? It’s by adding mirrors, lamps and metallic pieces that feature both decorative functionality and space-enhancing qualities. In fact, if placed adjacent, to a window, positioned suitably, they bounce the sunlight into the room and warm up space. Try yourself out!
- Add Greenery– Winter is the perfect time to bring the outside in through hardy indoor plants, or buy a bunch of flowers every now and then. Several Interior designers find this as the best way to ignore those gusty winds, frost-bitten lawns and icy evenings.You can even think of skipping flowers and fill white vases with fresh greenery. Using them as decor or as centerpieces on the table might work wonders.
- Set a well-stocked bar– The only way to beat the cold winter is by having a well-stocked bar. So what are you sitting tight for? Simply deck yours out with gold trimmed glasses, a gold wreath, and greenery. Apart from this, you can even make some toasty transitions by placing a sheepskin rug on the floor, this will provide a toasty spot to tuck chilly toes while reading or relaxing.
- Rearrange– Change is always good. Simply cast an eye over your living, dining, and bedrooms and examine if there is any other way space could be laid out. Try rearranging your interior design furniture in such a way that it encourages conversations. Besides, you can create new vignettes of vessels and trinkets on the sideboard in your dining room or revamp the bedroom with a textured bedhead. Sometimes rearranging a space, or simply the accessories filling is just more than enough to breathe new life into an old arrangement.
So that’s all for now! Keep watching the space to know more regarding the same.